25 TEAMS RACED
RAISED OVER $18,000!!
THE 2013 VIP BED RACE TEAMS
Teams in italics are first-time participants.
Susan Scroggs Memorial Merit Award - St. Matthew Lutheran Church - Raised $3,411.
Fastest Bed - Lakewood Baptist Church - 44.33 seconds (combined), 21.77 seconds (single heat)
Donna Souerwine Memorial Best Theme Award - Upatoi Baptist Church - Dr. Seuss
Heath Jackson Memorial Spirit Award - St. Thomas Episcopal Church
Crowd's Choice Award - Mt. Hermon Lodge #304
DIVISION RACE WINNERS
1st - The Home Depot - Phenix City 2nd - The Home Depot - Columbus
1st - Lakewood Baptist 2nd - Norcross (GA) United Methodist Church
1st - Spencer High 2nd - CVEM - Infusion
1st - Boys Scouts 2nd - 1st Presbyterian and St. Paul UMC
- Hinson Galleries
- The Surgery Center
- The Bed Rockers
- Bethesda Baptist Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- Christ Community Church
- His Gathering House Community Church
- Osswichee Baptist Church
- Columbus Church of Christ
- Northside High Red
- Northside High Blue
What is the VIP Bed Race
We are excited about your interest in the VIP Bed Race!! This is a unique fund raising event.
The VIP Bed Race is held each year on the last Saturday of February in the heart of Uptown Columbus.
The VIP Bed Race encourages your team to build a bed on wheels, then race your bed (using manpower only) against other teams for awards and prizes. Teams must have a minimum of five people to run the actual race – one rider & four runners to push the bed.
The race course is a straight run on 14th Street starting from 1st Avenue to Broadway (at the corner of Country’s BBQ). It is approximately 150 yards long. Teams will compete in these categories:
- Susan Scroggs Memorial Merit Award – The team that raises the most money for VIP.
- Fastest Bed – Best overall combined times (2 heats).
- Donna Souerwine Memorial Best Theme – Most creative design determined by local celebrity judges.
- Heath Jackson Memorial Team Spirit Award – The team that brings the most fans who report to the VIP booth.
- Crowd’s choice – Crowd votes for favorite bed $1 per vote, 6 votes for $5, 15 votes for $10, 80 votes for $50
- Divisional Winners – Church, School, Business/Community, Junior
Your team can have support people to help with their bed construction and design and to collect donations for Valley Interfaith Promise to be credited to your team’s effort in raising the most money. For more information or if your team need help with basic bed construction, call Valley Interfaith Promise at 706-494-6348 or Joe Bridges at 706-326-2953.